When you’re saving to buy a home, there are two things that I believe are essential to your success:
Having clarity in what you want is important in achieving your goal. Spend some time working out exactly what it is and then do what’s required to make it happen. Figure out what keeps you motivated and then put the framework in place to maintain momentum and get you there.
Ideas to keep you on track:
- Listen to inspiring podcasts
- Read goal setting and inspirational books
- Make a vision board with all the little details of the home you want to buy
- Carry your goals on a card in your wallet or as your wallpaper on your phone
- Find an accountability buddy and set a schedule to monitor and celebrate progress
- Speak to your mortgage broker and ask them to hold you accountable
- Visit open homes so that you know the market when you have arranged your pre-approval
- Use an app to track your spending and saving
- Announce your goal to your close friends and ask them to help you by encouraging you to save
- Spend time with others who have the same goal
- If you have a setback, put it behind you and get back on your savings path.
Let’s make this happen and get you buying your first home!