I’m talking to a lot of people who feel that they’re back in a state of overwhelm. There is just so much going on at home and in the rest of the world that is so worrying and it’s sometimes hard to not feel the impact.
It’s also sometimes hard to complain about the little things when there’s so much big stuff going on.
It’s understandable that it’s all a little (or a lot) overwhelming.
But being overwhelmed doesn’t help anybody – especially ourselves, so it’s important to find strategies to manage it.
Here are a few that I’ve found help me:
- Exercise – keeping my body strong and healthy also keeps my mind strong and healthy.
- Meditate – spend some time each day clearing your mind.
- Help – is there something you can do to help the situation that’s worrying you?
- Turn off – when it all gets too much I turn off the news, step away from TV and really limit my time on social media
- Practice gratitude – shifting focus from the things that worry me to the things I’m grateful for is incredibly powerful.
- Plan something good – my fave is planning a holiday with my family or friends.
How do you manage to stay strong when there is so much going on in the world and at home?